Sunday 22 January 2012

Chance To Build On Yesterday's Winner

Nice winner yesterday with Shuil Royale who had been on my radar all season and I thought he was as well handicapped as he proved in the race. I expect him to go on from this and continue to progress up the ratings. A 3.94PT profit on the day which finally gets me in profit for the year. Two meetings today at Market Rasen  and Towcester and the selection comes from Towcester.
P&L at advised prices since 24/8 +22.88 2012= +1.00

Towcester 1.40 Loose Chips 1/2PT E/W @5/1 Various 1st (7/1)
On paper this looks a fairly competitive novice hurdle race with all the major stables (Pipe, Henderson, King) represented, but the one I fancy is the Charlie Longsdon trained Loose Chips who made a very encouraging hurdles debut here on Boxing Day when making a bad mistake at the last which ultimately cost him the race. Having watched a replay of the race what I liked was despite the mistake he was closing all the way to the line and the winner Gores Island who passed him at the last has gone on to defy a penalty in a much more competitive race at Doncaster. Surprised market drift given I thought it had the best form on offer - always travelling well and beat the favourites comfortably.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kev

    I had that sinking feeling as soon as I saw you were in opposition to me today. Fantastic pick and a great drift in price for you mate. You've definitely turned the corner now I think.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,

    Thanks for the comment. Thought your selection would need further and so it proved as was being niggled from over a mile out, but stayed well so will be on my radar for next time if stepped up in trip.

    Things have picked up well in the past week for both of us so long may it continue.

    Kev

    ReplyDelete