Thursday 29 December 2011

Poor Effort – Confidence Restore

Sole Survivor put in a very poor effort yesterday. I was never comfortable with the way he was travelling and although he was in second turning for home he drop away very quickly approaching the 2nd last. He is better than that run and he clearly has some kind of problem.

So far December has been a wretched month for the Blog with just one winner from ten selections and in an attempt to restore some confidence last night I reviewed my stats below for the year which are showing a healthy 51PT profit and a 19% return on investment.

Monthly
Cum

Points
Points
Jan
22.38
22.38
Feb
19.30
41.68
Mar
-14.42
27.26
Apl
-5.66
21.60
May
-5.41
16.19
June
18.50
34.69
July
-6.50
28.19
Aug
2.83
31.02
Sept
7.50
38.52
Oct
1.91
40.43
Nov
18.75
59.18
Dec
-7.60
51.58

Having discussed with a non gambling friend last night he was very impressed that firstly I made money from backing horses and secondly that my returns are well in excess of what could be earned investing in the financial markets. Both these comments and a few beers help restore some confidence that I do know what I’m doing and from experience I know there will be good and bad runs and in truth I am doing nothing differently now in my selection approach to what I was doing early in the year or when I was having a good run in November. It is a tried and tested approach that has stood me in good stead for a number of years so I can see no reason to change it. The only thing I am now doing differently is having less bets as a result of the Blog which has added discipline to my betting and is stopping me betting to chase my losses. Having reviewed my selections over the past month I feel positive that I will soon blog a winner again as the majority of my selections are being placed without winning.

Two cards today at Doncaster and Kelso and after reviewing the cards there is nothing which stands out as a betting opportunity.
P&L at advised prices since 24/8 +22.42

2 comments:

  1. Mighty impressive figures Kevin, I would settle for those results any year.

    This is not an easy game, however you are winning at it, so keep up the great work mate.

    Best Regards
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments Mark.

    Self doubt sometimes creeps in when you are on a bad run like I am at the moment and having looked at the bigger picture has helped restore my fragile confidence.

    Good luck for the New Year.

    Kev

    ReplyDelete