Sunday 15 January 2012

Winner Eventually and Time To Reflect


Swincombe Flame finally managed to end the dreadful losing run of 13 bets yesterday, when getting up on the line to win by a nose at 9/2 having been advised at 13/2. These types of  losing runs which will always occur at the price range in which I operate but this one has contained an enormous amount of bad luck (beaten by a nose, short head and a solid jumper falling at the first) so it was nice to see the luck change yesterday and the nose verdict to go my way. For those who have been following the blog regularly I hope we can kick on from here and look to build up to a profit of around 50PTS which is what I have achieved over the past 5 years. Thanks for those readers particularly Mark from Patient Speculation who have commented throughout the bad run, although I always tried to remain positive there were times when I was pulling my hair out as results failed to go my way. A classic example yesterday being Alfie Spinner who ran a perfectly solid race, but came up against a much better horse in Frascati Park, who I had dismissed on the basis of two factors 1. He had never been over the trip and 2. All his best form was going the other way round. Neither proved to be a hindrance and he went out and made all with Alfie Spinner chasing him the whole way. This is what I love about gambling on  horse racing you think you have every angle covered but until the race has been run there could be other variables that you didn't consider or weren't aware of.

As Kelso has been abandoned today there are no selections.

P&L at advised prices since 24/8 +20.48 2012= -0.94 

No comments:

Post a Comment