Monday 21 November 2011

Quiet Day and a Few Thoughts

Renard again drifted in the market from the advised price but was too good for his rivals under a very positive Aidan Coleman ride to give another 3pts profit for the blog. Historically October and November tend to be my most profitable months of the season and this year is no exception. I am hoping by doing the blog it will add further discipline when I inevitably hit a bad run and stop me trying to “gamble” my way out of it, which I have tended to do in the past, thus eroding my profits. I remember a few years ago having an excellent November and then having 18 losing bets of the trot in a two week period in December, hopefully by doing the blog this won’t happen again. Three meetings today at Ffos Las, Kempton and Ludlow and having reviewed the cards there is no bet today.
P&L at advised prices since 24/8 +32.42

2 comments:

  1. A great selection yesterday in RENARD. This is Venetia Williams only winning horse at the moment.
    I agree with what you say about the blog - it is a great way to discipline your wagers and stop you from having silly bets that almost always lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ian thanks for the comments. Well done with Imsingingtheblues on Saturday. Having watched it run at Cheltenham the previous Saturday I actually commented to my mates that it's a horse who always tries his best but is clearly in the grip of the handicapper, who never gives him a chance - shows this game is all about personal opinion.
    Kev.

    ReplyDelete