Friday 18 November 2011

Hindsight and The Benefit of Twitter

Moonlight Drive travelled and jumped well yesterday in finishing 2nd but I wish I could have withdrawn the Blog selection after reading the following tweet from Sean Quinn trainers son “We like Moonlight Drive but its his 1st spin over fences + he will definitely come on for the run” and after the race tweeted “MD...well don't say you weren't told. Nice horse though + we're happy enough” .  So consider yesterday a temporary loan to the bookmakers that we will get back with interest at a later stage of the season, as he remains a horse with a lot of potential and is one I will keep on my side. Two meetings today at Ascot and Haydock and there is one selection.
P&L at advised prices since 24/8 +27.67

Haydock 1.35 Mr Moonshine 1PT WIN @11/4 Paddy Power 1st (11/4)
I was at Carlisle a few weeks ago when Mr Moonshine comfortably beat my selection that day Hidden Keel and it was clearly no fluke. He travelled and jumped well and had my selection in trouble with over a circuit to go. Today is no easy task, as last time he was receiving weight from the field but today he has to give 8lb to his three very decent rivals, however I expect him to attempt to go out and try to make all and if he can get into a nice rhythm like at Carlisle I can see his putting pressure on his rivals jumping. As well as the weight concession there is an additional risk that after he put up a very impressive performance at Huntingdon last season he ran very flat in his following race. However the Sue Smith stable remain in good form and at the price available with the experience jumping fences I think he is a worthwhile bet. Made all jumped well, another comfortable winner

No comments:

Post a Comment