Tuesday 27 December 2011

Short Headed Again

For the second time this month one of my selections was caught on the line. This time I saw a healthly 3.5 PT profit from Shoreacres turned into a 1PT loss as he was headed on the line after being given a fantastic ride by Will Kennedy. I am a firm believer in the law of averages and over a year I would expect these short heads to even themselves out so hopefully my luck will turn soon. Three meetings today at Chepstow, Kempton and Wetherby and there are two selections.
P&L at advised prices since 24/8 +24.42

Chepstow 12.30 Maringo Bay 1PT WIN@7/2 Various
Maringo Bay is a horse who caught my eye last season in his first novice chase at Fakenham when the 20/1 outsider of three was only beaten a length and a half by Mamlook and Tullymore Dew. He then reverted back to hurdles and was sent off at an amazing 33/1 next time out and won comfortably in a very strong race which has thrown up numerous novice chase winners this season. I doubt Plumpton was an ideal course for his seasonal debut where he finished third over 2 ½ miles but there is a £50k bonus for certain races at Plumpton if the winner goes on to win at the Cheltenham festival and I take this as the reason he ran there, giving me the impression the stable think he is a Cheltenham horse, so today’s three miles at Chepstow on a galloping track in heavy ground looks an ideally opportunity to get off the mark over fences.

Wetherby 12.35 Crackentorp 1PT WIN@2/1 Various
Crackentorp caught my eye earlier in the season when comfortably accounting for the highly regarded Hawk Mountain in a novice hurdle at Market Rasen. His main market rival here is Red Jade who had a comfortable winning debut at Southwell, but although there is little between them on flat ratings I feel the hurdles form of Crackentorp is better than that of Red Jade and at the prices I am happy to support him as I cannot see any of the other runners being up to the class of these two horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment